1. Office 365 and LinkedIn Integration
The Office 365
and LinkedIn integration improves productivity and networking, allowing
users to gather key insights and connect with other professionals. Users will be able to see their colleagues' LinkedIn profiles
when in a one-on-one chat.
2. Forms integration with Bookings
Organizations using the Microsoft Bookings app in Teams for virtual visits can now collect information from attendees and be able to securely share it with the staff while maintaining industry specific compliance requirements (such as HIPAA). Microsoft Bookings app in Teams will be integrated with Microsoft 365 Forms to support end to end (Pre-visit) workflows for virtual visits.
3. Alert issued by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has issued and alert to U.S. businesses to prepare themselves for a potential cyber-attack related to the Ukraine situation.
The U.S. Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency (CISA) has issued a “Shields Up” warning, and has asked that all organizations, regardless of size, adopt a heightened cybersecurity posture.
Some of the actions are listed below:
- Leverage multifactor authentication to restrict access to known-trusted source
- Rigorous patch-management to remediate known vulnerabilities
- Quickly respond to zero-day threats as they emerge
- Utilize advanced machine-learning and artificial intelligence capabilities to detect patterns of activity pointing to potential intrusions by bad actors
- Step up threat-hunting efforts to identify the presence of bad-actors on the network
- Validate backups are working and recoverable
You can help us by being our eyes and ears and reporting suspicious activity. While we have strong controls and tools in place to keep your environment protected, sometimes things slip through.
Please stay vigilant and report issues to the GCD team that are suspicious in nature, especially phishing and text scams.